pspp-dev

Re: documentation of interest

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: documentation of interest
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 08:28:06 +0800

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 04:03:40PM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     Browsing through the SPSS documentation available on the web, I
     discovered some manuals I hadn't looked at before.  A few are
     interesting:

             * The GPL Reference Guide, where GPL is Graphics
               Production Language.  This describes a simple but
               powerful language for graphing.  I bet that we'll want
               to implement this at some point--it would make a nice
               backing for a GUI for graphs--although it would be a
               big project too.

I saw this, but haven't looked at it.  I thought the acronym was
chosen rather gratuitously.

             * The Tables reference guide.  This describes the GUI
               behind the CTABLES command syntax.  I've been wrestling
               with how to deal with table output for a while now
               (well, *years*), and this might be nice to look at
               while thinking about that.

Another interesting feature they've come up with recently is a
programmin API using Python.  I thought this might be worth looking
at, but if we choose to implement it, then I think we should also do
bindings for guile and perl.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3