pspp-dev

Re: dict_get_vars ()

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: dict_get_vars ()
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 12:23:57 -0800

Jason Stover <address@hidden> writes:

> Calling dict_get_vars (default_dict, &v_variables, &n_variables, DC_SYSTEM)
> doesn't do what I thought it would do. The comment above the definition
> of dict_get_vars() says:
>
> /* Sets *VARS to an array of pointers to variables in D and *CNT to
>    the number of variables in *D.  By default all variables are
>    returned, but bits may be set in EXCLUDE_CLASSES to exclude
>    ordinary, system, and/or scratch variables. */

I think you might be invoking this the wrong way.  It's meant to
be invoked as, e.g.
        dict_get_vars (dict, &vars, &n_vars, 1u << DC_SYSTEM);
In other words, the final argument is a bit mask.

The comment should probably be improved.
--
"I don't want to learn the constitution and the declaration of
 independence (marvelous poetry though it be) by heart, and worship the