pspp-dev

Re: obsd build include trouble

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: obsd build include trouble
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 15:51:22 -0800

>      But I'd guess that the GTK include path doesn't interfere with
>      anything else, so that we could include it in AM_CPPFLAGS and not
>      worry about being specific to src/ui/gui.
>
> What if we're compiling with --without-gui and the gtk libraries
> aren't installed on the machine? I suppose -I /doesnt/exist wont do
> any harm?

That's something that we can handle with an Automake conditional,
I think.

        if !WITHOUT_GUI
        AM_CPPFLAGS += -Iwhatever
        endif

> And I still don't like the idea of allowing anyone to
> carelessly #include <gtk/gtk.h> in (say) src/libpspp/pool.h
> Maybe I can write a script which can check all the #includes in
> all the files and make sure they don't violate any dependency
> rules.

I guess it is probably better to be careful, if you think it is
not more trouble than it is worth.

>      By the way, should the pspp binary now go in src/ui/terminal, for
>      symmetry with the gui?
>
> For consistency I suppose it should.  I'll have to change all the
> tests so that  they know where to find it.

Oh.  Well, changing this is *way* down on the priority list in my
opinion.
--
"MONO - Monochrome Emulation
 This field is used to store your favorite bit."