pspp-dev

Re: printfs in str.c

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: printfs in str.c
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:12:10 -0800

> Ought we not replace most/all of the *printf functions in
> src/libpspp/str.c with things from gnulib ?

I don't think gnulib checks for the particular problem that
nsprintf()/spprintf() tries to work around, which is that some
old systems' sprintf() routines do not return the correct value.

Arguably, we could just assume the proper return values these
days.  The C standard came out in 1989, so vendors have had about
17 years to fix their libraries.
--
"I admire him, I frankly confess it; and when his time comes
 I shall buy a piece of the rope for a keepsake."