pspp-dev

Re: icons

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: icons
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:07:57 +0800

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 11:26:09PM -0800, Dondi Bogusky wrote:

     I'll do it! I would be happy to. What size should the icons be? Perhaps
     multiple sizes like 16px, 32px, 48px, and 128px squared for the
     file icons.

I've never done this sort of thing before, but the information I can
gleem is as follows.

The Toolbar Button icons should be 24x24 8 bit RGB with alpha channel.
I'm using spss v12 as a model, but we don't have to be too dogmatic
about that (and we certainly shouldn't allow anyone to accuse us of
violating spss' copyright). The ones I need (ie those without any
appropriate gtk stock item) are:

"Dialog Recall"
"Goto Case"
"Variables"
"Split File"
"Weight Cases"
"Select Cases"
"Insert Case"
"Insert Variable"
"Value Labels"
"Use Sets"

And they should be of a style sympathetic to the stock items (see
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-Stock-Items.html ).

Also, you might like to read
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/icons.html
before you start.

I'm not too sure about the dimensions etc for filemanager icons.
Perhaps you can do a bit of research into that.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3