pspp-dev

Re: pspp and psppire compile experience: Fedora Core 4 and Mac OS X

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: pspp and psppire compile experience: Fedora Core 4 and Mac OS X
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 10:49:53 +0800

On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 07:54:34PM -0500, Marshall DeBerry wrote:
     The pkg-config tool I downloaded is found at
     http://www.freedesktop.org/software/pkgconfig .  The latest version is
0.20.

     Doing a "which aclocal" says /sw/bin/aclocal.  Doing a aclocal
     --print-ac-dir shows /sw/share/aclocal.  Checking out /sw/share/aclocal has
     the pkg.m4 module there.

     I've got automake, pkg-config, autoconf, and aclocal all in /sw/bin. I've
     been trying out different permutations of where the pkg.m4 module might
want
     to live with no luck.  I'm still getting the same error when running
     configure.

     I'm sure this is something simple--but I'm pretty stumped at the moment.
It
     could be some sort of interaction with the Xcode 2.2 tools placement, but I
     don't think so.

     Suggestions?

Hmm.  Does the pkg.m4 file have a line like
AC_DEFUN([PKG_CHECK_MODULES] ... ??

Try:

make -f Smake clean
libtoolize --automake
aclocal

... then check the resulting aclocal.m4 file.  You should see the
AC_DEFUN([PKG_CHECK_MODULES]  macro has been copied into this file.
Then do:

autoconf

... which generates the configure file.   If there's any lines with
PKG_CHECK_MODULES then something's wrong.

You can pass a --verbose flag to aclocal and autoconf which might give
you a hint as to what's going wrong.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3