pspp-dev

GUI update

From: John Darrington
Subject: GUI update
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 18:12:05 +0800

On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 08:18:15AM +0800, John Darrington wrote:

     Phase 1:  The outcome of this phase is a tool which can be used to
        edit/browse/view/read/write *small* system files.
        Such a tool might alone be enough to encourage some users to
        try PSPP --- the most frightening spss syntax is the DATA LIST
        commands.

I think this phase is more or less complete.    Before I move onto
phase 2, I need some user feedback, and also there are some decisions
to be made.

One decision concerns the protocol to use between user interface and
back end.  Do we want to allow pspp user interfaces to connect to spss
servers? (or vici-versa)?  If so, we'll have to reverse engineer the
protocol.  If not, we can devise our own.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3