pspp-dev

Re: bsd diff bug

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: bsd diff bug
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 12:23:52 -0700

Jason Stover <address@hidden> writes:

> In the test scripts, the problem appears at lines that
> look like this:
>
>       diff -B -b -w file.list - << EOF
>
> BSD diff does not recognize the -B option.

I was planning to, eventually, write a script that filters out
blank lines from both files passed as arguments and then passes
the filtered data along to diff.  If we use any other nonportable
options, then it may be possible to handle them the same way.

Alternately, Perl has an extension library Text::Diff that we
could use to implement a diff-like tool that does what we want.
It's not included with Perl, so we'd have to include it in the
PSPP tree.  I don't know whether the license is acceptable or
whether Text::Diff requires some particularly new version of
Perl.
--
Ben Pfaff
email: address@hidden