pspp-dev

RE: Long-name/short-name complexity

From: Wilson,Tom
Subject: RE: Long-name/short-name complexity
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:14:21 -0400

I have encountered some strange things when going back and forth between
versions of SPSS that support long variable names and versions that
don't.  As I recall, the situtation went a little like this.  We created
a data file in SPSS 11.5 that had short variable names.  Someone else
opened it in SPSS 12.0 and renamed the short variable names to long
variable names that were completely different.  When the file was opened
in SPSS 11.5 the variables did not appear to be renamed.