pspp-dev

Re: my plans, for now

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: my plans, for now
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:57:09 -0800

> Recently I'd been using gcov to see how much of the code our test
> suite actually exercises.  At the moment, the figure is about 50%
> I'd estimate that about 20% of this figure is error handling code. The
> rest is features that simply have not been tested.

I'm surprised that it's that high.  Whenever I work at testing
something thoroughly, I find lots of bugs.  Today and yesterday,
for example, I found a huge pile of bugs in AGGREGATE by writing
a simple test (not yet checked in) that just tries each of the
features.

> Unfortunately, there's currently no sensible way to test the chart
> output.  When we get around to the output engine again, I think this
> should be on the list of requirements.

Sure.

> Maybe it's worth enabling the savannah task tracker so we know who's
> working on what.  On the other hand, perhaps we haven't yet got enough
> developers to make it worthwhile.

I try to use the TODO file in the CVS root.  Looks like I'm the
only one who does that now, but everyone is welcome to do so.

> Ben deserves a big round of applause for creating PSPP in the first
> place, and for all the effort he's put into it.

Thanks much.
--
Ben Pfaff
email: address@hidden