pspp-dev

Re: anyone want to implement these transformation functions?

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: anyone want to implement these transformation functions?
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 10:09:36 -0800

Jason Stover <address@hidden> writes:

> I forgot about that. The modified gsl_cdf.h is attached.

Thanks.  That took care of the compilation errors.

I checked in expression code that uses your functions.  I put
them in the PSPP source tree in a new library I called
"gsl-extras", and I replaced the gsl_ prefix by gslextras_ to
avoid conflicts should gsl in the future add those functions.

There were a couple of warnings that concerned me:

hypergeometric.c: In function `gslextras_cdf_hypergeometric_P':
hypergeometric.c:86: warning: comparison of unsigned expression >= 0 is always
true
hypergeometric.c:107: warning: comparison of unsigned expression >= 0 is always
true

It seems to me like these could cause the relevant loops in
gsl_cdf_hypergeometric_P to continue forever, if the other
conditions fail to converge.  I didn't look closely enough at the
math to figure out whether that could ever happen.
--
"If a person keeps faithfully busy each hour of the working day, he
 can count on waking up some morning to find himself one of the