pspp-dev

Re: Using PSPP

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Using PSPP
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:41:06 +0800

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 04:45:06PM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:

    I think snapshots on, say, a weekly basis, would be easy to do.
     I would just have to remember to make them.  (They cannot be
     fully automated because each GNU upload must be signed with my
     GNUPG key.)

I was thinking it might be better to have some unofficial download place for
snapshots.  And keep gnu.org for official releases.

Alternative idea: Do you still consider PSPP as "alpha" software?  I
think it's stable enough to be promoted to "beta" status.   In which
case perhaps alpha.gnu.org could be used for snapshots, and
ftp.gnu.org for releases.  (see
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Test-Releases.html#Test-Releases)

You could make yourself a secondary GPG key without a passphrase, to
be used only for makeing snapshots.

John

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3