pspp-dev

failing to compile pspp from cvs: problems with autoconf

From: Joachim Wuttke
Subject: failing to compile pspp from cvs: problems with autoconf
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:29:05 +0100

Dear developers:

   I am desperately trying to compile PSPP from CVS.

Unfortunately, all configuration files have been removed from
revision 1.4. So it seems I have to use autoconf to produce them
afresh.

However, this does not work:

$ autoconf
configure.ac:8: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:14: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL
configure.ac:19: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GNU_GETTEXT
configure.ac:20: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION

I running an up-to-date debian/sarge box.

Thanks for any clues, Joachim