pspp-dev

Re: Logo prototype

From: patrick
Subject: Re: Logo prototype
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:01:04 +0100 (CET)

While drawing the big square, placing PSPP and creating the right overlap
I had mixed feelings. Especially when I gave the font a bit more strokes
around it felt like I was copying a Rembrandt or van Gogh.
I placed the GNU and the URL in the logo to make it look a bit more
different than the SPSS logo.

Placing the letters further away from each other removes the power and to
be honest the recognition of the logo. When we want to do that, we better
can decide to create a whole new original logo. The (r) I saw on the
mailing list isn't an (r) it is a (L).