pspp-dev

Re: Examine is stable

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Examine is stable
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 19:18:20 -0800

> Finally I think I've got the EXAMINE command basically correct.

Great!

> I've implemented the EXTREME and DESCRIPTIVES subcommands.  The only
> plot it generates is the npplot and the detrended npplot.  Also I've
> got to do the Skewness and Kurtosis calculations, but I think these
> have already been done elsewhere so I just have to merge it in.

Skewness and kurtosis are implemented in the moments module.  If
you're already using it (I haven't looked), then it should be
easy to add these calculations.

> Next week I'll have to do a thorough review of what I've written.  I'm
> sure there are memory leaks and places where things could be more
> efficient.

Have you ever tried valgrind?  I use it regularly to hunt down
memory errors and leaks.

> It's strange how the commands which appear to be simple end up causing
> the most trouble.

Yes, but it happens to me too.

For what it's worth I'm revamping expressions right now.  We'll
have support for lots of random number distributions when I'm
done, as well as some other things fixed up.
--
"The fact is, technical people are better off not looking at patents. If
 you don't know what they cover and where they are, you won't be knowingly