pspp-dev

Re: PSPP utilities

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: PSPP utilities
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:37:58 -0700

> I've done a prototype using libplot
> ( http://www.gnu.org/software/plotutils ) which has output drivers for
> postscript, PNG, SVG, X11 and many others.  It doesn't have anything
> for an ascii output, but I suppose I wouldn't expect anything else
> anyway.

I think that will work okay for embedding.  It's willing to
output Encapsulated PostScript, so it should be possible to embed
it in our PostScript output.  The other kinds of graph output we
want go in external files anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I guess the output interface should add a function that opens an
appropriate libplot plotter and returns it.  Then the caller can
do all the plotting it wants and call another function that takes
the plotter back and finishes with it.
--
Ben Pfaff
email: address@hidden