pspp-dev

Re: idea for pspp

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: idea for pspp
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:23:47 -0700

Mich Arsenault <address@hidden> writes:

> I just downloaded the pspp.texi file and will work on the translation
> of this to french.

Sounds good.

> I recently have been testing out other math software and have been
> looking for some software to help with sampling of large databases.
> when i was doing research with spss on a vax / vms system we'd
> occasionally merge databases.
>
> i still to this day found this term "merging" of databases somewhat
> hard to grasp.  does anyone have experience doing this ?  were my
> collegues and i actually merging or doing something else to the
> database ?  anyone know of anywhere to find information on how this is
> done.  i have forgotten how we did this.
>
>  if this is possible, do you think pspp could have this extra
> capability ?  mich

Well, it sounds like you don't remember very well what you
actually did when you merged databases.  There's a good chance
that SPSS or PSPP can do what you want.  Whether they're the best
choice of tool for the job depends on the details of what you're
trying to do.
--
A bicycle is one of the world's beautiful machines, beautiful machines
are art, and art is civilisation, good living, and balm to the soul.