platform-testers

Re: [platform-testers] Please test new pre-release of a2ps

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: [platform-testers] Please test new pre-release of a2ps
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 22:01:43 +0000

On Tue, 31 Jan 2023 at 21:54, Bruno Haible <bruno@clisp.org> wrote:

../../liba2ps/media.c:21:10: fatal error: paper.h: No such file or directory
   21 | #include <paper.h>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

This is because libpaper[1] is required. Two problems here:

1. I didn't document it in README. Apologies!
2. The check in configure[.ac] appears not to be failing when it should.
Probably it's a simple packaging mistake. "make distcheck" is very good at
finding such mistakes; highly recommended!

I run "make distcheck" before each alpha release.

Can we have a new alpha release, please?

I think it's not needed in this case, but I'll fix the documentation and configure test; thanks!

--
https://rrt.sc3d.org