Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi Install on OSX Lion

From: bernard
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi Install on OSX Lion
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 12:02:17 +1100

Hi Chris,

I haven't ever seen this.

When encountering errors of any kind when building my plan of attack is
always
1) make clean
2) git pull origin <branch>
3) make
4) whatever I was trying to do before...

This usually fixes the problems.

When I was building MacPorts I used to also make the approach
1) make clean
2) sudo port selfupdate
3) sudo port upgrade outdated
4) git pull origin <branch>
5) make
6) whatever I was trying to do before...

Sometimes however step three would spew heaps of errors and so step 3
would become
3a) sudo port -f uninstall installed
3b) sudo port clean --all uninstalled
3c) sudo port install paparazzi-tools

Now however I just take the binary build as its a much quicker process and
more stable as I don't have to worry about the moving target that MacPorts
is.

Cheers,
Bernie.