Re: [Paparazzi-devel] FlightGear Running on Host While Paparazzi in VMWa

From: Stephen Dwyer
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] FlightGear Running on Host While Paparazzi in VMWare
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 14:32:25 -0700

Hello,

I have had the same problem as you, FG just doesn't work nicely in a
VM (I am using virtualbox on snow leopard on a MBP), and as such,
always ran FG in OS X with pprx+jsbsim running on the ubuntu VM. For
me the only trick was to set up the network settings for virtualbox
correctly, you might need to experiment in VMWare (no experience
there). I also tend to run fg at very low graphics settings, as I care
more for speed than nice rendering.

Now however, I just run all of pprx, jsbsim and fg on OS X directly.
This ends up being more convenient and faster (for me) than using a
VM. The only hiccup is the occasional debugging required that is OS X
specific, but there are some experts on the mailing list, etc. who are
extremely helpful in this regard.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
-Stephen Dwyer