pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Downloaded articles format

From: Rhialto
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Downloaded articles format
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 20:58:57 +0200

On 5/11/21 5:09 PM, Beata Kasprzyk wrote:
> I would like to download the Polish Usenet articles as a .txt files. I
> am a quiet new at using Pan, but I have downloaded articles via Pan in
> the past, and they were saved in .txt format. Unfortunately now they are
> downloaded in .msg format.

The only thing that looks different to me is the file name extension.
The format of the content just looks like a normal Usenet message to me.

What's possibly more annoying is the base name of the saved file. You
don't get to choose that, and it's the Message-Id. Unique, yes, but not
helpful for finding your saved message.

So just rename the saved files; you'll probably have to do that anyway
because of the second point.

-Olaf.
--
___ Q: "What's an anagram of Banach-Tarski?"  -- Olaf "Rhialto" Seibert
\X/ A: "Banach-Tarski Banach-Tarski."         -- rhialto at falu dot nl