pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] pan systray behavior

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] pan systray behavior
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 10:39:06 +0000 (UTC)

Duncan posted on Mon, 01 Oct 2012 16:24:30 +0000 as excerpted:

> Heinrich Müller posted on Mon, 01 Oct 2012 16:23:16 +0200 as excerpted:
>
>> Am 01.10.2012 11:26, schrieb Duncan:
>>> (Rant about systrays ;) ..... snip .....
>> I'm with you. Fix pushed to master. Could you check if it fits your
>> needs?
>
> Definitely better.  I'll use it for a bit and see how it goes...

I spoke too soon.  Startup is good now; pan starts in the tray as it
should, but...

There's no way to get it BACK to the tray (only).

Minimize-to-tray... doesn't.  Pan's window remains in the window-list,
alt-tab-list, etc, minimized.  With minimize to tray checked, the main
window should disappear from those lists too, only the systray icon
should remain.

There's still no close to tray option.  With such an option, checked, the
window-manager-close function should close (or hide) the window, but keep
pan running in the tray.  (Again, wm-close simply closes the window, not
the app, which with the close to tray option checked, should still be
running in the tray.  That's distinct from the app's quit option, in the
file and systray icon menus, which quit the app.)

Clicking the tray icon used to close the pan main window, but ONLY if
that pan main window was active.  It SHOULD close the window ALL the
time, whether pan's main window is active or not.  It NOW doesn't seem to
do ANYTHING, whether the window's active or not.

So while pan STARTS in the tray now (an improvement), once the tray icon
is clicked to open the main window, it's impossible to get the main
window closed again, without quitting pan entirely, closing the window
AND removing pan from the systray. =:^(  At least the way it was, one
could make sure pan's main window was active, then click the tray icon,
and the main window would close, keeping pan in the tray.  Now even that
doesn't work. =:^(