pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Amusing gtk3 bug in latest git :)

From: Heinrich Müller
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Amusing gtk3 bug in latest git :)
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 08:11:14 +0200

Am 03.10.2012 02:16, schrieb walt:
Hi Heinrich.  I just pulled from git [87dfb36c8] and found a bug (IMO)
when --with-gtk3 is set (apparently required by --with-webkit).
It is not required, but you have to have the appropriate pc file for pkg-config. It seems to be missing for some distributions for webkitgtk-1.0 which is compatible with gtk2+.

Each time I started pan it immediately went 'offline' for no apparent
reason before it would begin any task, like pulling new headers, e.g.

When I rebuilt pan without --with-gtk3 (and therefor without --with-webkit)
I quickly saw the cause of my 'offline' bug:  a dialog box popped up,
telling me that I have reached my 'download limit' and 'go offline' was
checked by default :p

When I unchecked 'go offline' then pan behaved normally again. I'm about
to re-enable gtk3 and webkit to see what happens next.

I'll report back later, and thanks for your hard work, as always!

Thanks for the feedback, I'll fix it.

Cheers.