pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] article-cache v 0.139

From: Heinrich Müller
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] article-cache v 0.139
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 16:40:42 +0200

Am 01.10.2012 15:57, schrieb address@hidden:

--- En date de : Lun 1.10.12, Heinrich Müller <address@hidden> a écrit :

De: Heinrich Müller <address@hidden>
Objet: Re: [Pan-users] article-cache v 0.139
À: address@hidden
Date: Lundi 1 octobre 2012, 7h20
Am 30.09.2012 23:54, schrieb Duncan:
Heinrich Müller posted on Sun, 30 Sep 2012 21:38:30
+0200 as excerpted:
Am 30.09.2012 20:01, schrieb
address@hidden:
So what can I deduce ? Some usenet providers
are faulty (2) or problems
with permissions (1) or both ?
Case 2.
Usenetbucket fucked up big time and doesn't respect
the rfc that defines
the XOVER command.
See my commit for details.
Should be working now, please verify.
Umm, Heinrich...

He's using ubuntu and unless he knows enough (or has
the time and
patience to learn) about building from source to pull
and build from the
git repo, he's not likely to see that commit until the
next pan release
and someone building it for ubuntu.
I guess I'll have to ping Klaus Vormweg so he builds it once
more.
Meanwhile, I'm curious and will be checking the commit
myself.  (For
those who don't know, gentoo, with a slightly
customized live pan ebuild
and a helper script I hacked up that allows me to
easily run various git
commands on the local git repo the ebuild uses.)

You're right, i should have said "if you are able to".
I tend to see things from a programmer's pov.
You can register at usenetbucket for free for a 6-day trial,
that's what
I did.
After my hack I was able to download properly. Seems like
the implementation
on their servers is faulty. I already wrote an e-mail to
their support.rt

Cheers.

I have read the doc about git and it looks difficult. Is it possible to put a
version of your hacked pan so I can check if it works for ubuntu 12.04 X64 ?

alternatively, you could leave out the remove line and just start pan/gui/pan and also don't do the install part

cheers