pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan ignores password

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan ignores password
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 02:16:29 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 20:57:21 +0100, R Kimber wrote:

> Although the .pan/servers.xml file contains the correct password, pan
> refuses to connect saying that further authentication is required.  If I
> try to enter a password in the server setup dialog it doesn't seem to
> save it.
>
> How can I get online with pan? I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 with Mate and Pan
> 0.136.  It was OK with previous versions of Ubuntu and Mint.

You need to put the settings in and restart pan (at least that was my
experience).  I'm using 0.135, though....

There was a bug once upon a time where if an NNTP server accepted but
didn't *require* authentication, authentication would never be used.
Perhaps that bug crept back in?

Jim

--
 Jim Henderson