pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Are kill-filed messages shown as non read messages?

From: Bob
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Are kill-filed messages shown as non read messages?
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:39:26 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 02:09:12 +1000, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> Bob wrote:
>> Was going through my groups this morning and noticed no recent activity
>> in this group, so I marked all as read, and then marked all threads as
>> read.
>>
>> I moved to another group to do the same, and noticed that I still had
>> 58 messages marked as unread in the group I had just marked as all
>> read.
>
> If they're kill-filed, they're hardly read, are they?

No, they aren't read, but they then should not show up if they are killed as
they are not available for reading.  Is this a function of the time limit on the
killed message/author, ie. a message/author killed "forever" is deleted,
whereas a message killed for 1 month, or 6 months is held until the specified
time is passed and then shows up again?

bob