pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] yenc preview v. saving attachments

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] yenc preview v. saving attachments
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 10:03:44 -0700

On 06/23/2012 04:07 AM, Duncan wrote:

> Hope that does it! =:^)

Duncan, you really are a bottomless pit of information ;)

I just spotted this comment in the pan code:

    // ticket #467446 - workaround gdkpixbuf <= 2.12.x's
    // jpg loader bug (#494667) by feeding the loader in
    // smaller chunks

There has to be some reason that saving attachments is different
from viewing them, and I've been trying to figure out what that
difference is.

(C++ is the second most frustrating thing I do with computer stuff
(the first is trying to get my wife to dump closed-source software,
but that's a separate thread).)

Pan displays pictures by using GdkPixbuf* get_pixbuf_from_gmime_part
so the versions of gmime and gtk might be a factor also.

Anyway, one possible solution would be to add a right-click option
to save the image directly to a file.  I notice that gtk includes
this comment, though I have no idea how to implement the idea:

/**
 * GTK_STOCK_SAVE:
 *
 * The "Save" item.
 * <inlinegraphic fileref="document-save.png" format="PNG"></inlinegraphic>
 */