pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] at GIT 6ffb80b still the same here: seems AW works, but

From: Heinrich Müller
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] at GIT 6ffb80b still the same here: seems AW works, but not GN nor Gmane (Re: ANN: SSL Support))
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 10:26:17 +0000 (UTC)

Am Mon, 21 Nov 2011 13:35:00 +0000 schrieb Heinrich Müller:

> Am Sun, 20 Nov 2011 21:16:01 +0000 schrieb Duncan:
>
>> walt posted on Sun, 20 Nov 2011 16:02:19 +0000 as excerpted:
>>
>>> Hm.  I finally remembered that I make gmane.org a backup server, trying
>>> to save gmane from looking for articles from non-gmane groups (like
>>> binaries).
>>
>>> For some reason that seems to prevent pan from requesting even gmane
>>> articles from the gmane server, which has nothing whatever to do with
>>> ssl. Even when I set gmane back to plain text connection, pan still
>>> doesn't actually ask gmane for the articles I click on.  I have to set
>>> gmane.org to "primary" status to get any articles from the server.
>>
>>> Anyway, the ssl connection to gmane works perfectly if I set gmane to
>>> "primary".
>>
>> That mystery solved, but another takes its place!
>>
>> I answered with more detail on the other thread, in user I think, where
>> you ask about backup servers.
>
> I have gmane set up as a backup here, and it works with ssl.
> Strange things... But I'll make changes to the code the next days, so
> stay tuned. Perhaps this will sort some things out.

Bump.
I changed the way server names are handled with certs and added an automation
to the port selection in the server edit dialog.
Perhaps this sorts some things out? Gmane works both as a backup and as primary
for me.
Try deleting the certs in the .pan2 folder and quitting pan and then
try to connect and accept the certificate.