pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] still at GIT 7e49a9b, still the same here, plus some MOR

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] still at GIT 7e49a9b, still the same here, plus some MORE research I've done (seems AW works, but not GN nor Gmane (Re: ANN: SSL Support))
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 15:15:07 +0000 (UTC)

Heinrich Mueller posted on Tue, 22 Nov 2011 12:33:09 +0100 as excerpted:

> Hmmm, speaking of dumbing down the user. But I could change the port
> automatically to the default and the user can then still decide the
> "correct" port number afterwards.

That was actually my first idea, but I scrapped it in favor of the
checkbox activated version I suggested.  Either way, tho.

Or for that matter, a popup whenever the security mode changed asking if
the user wanted to change to the default port would work too, tho it
would be both more work to implement and potentially annoying (plus, as
the browser folks can tell you, normal users don't read those anyway,
they just click OK and assume it will be).