pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] at af30a8b is closer: seems AW works, but not GN nor Gma

From: Heinrich Mueller
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] at af30a8b is closer: seems AW works, but not GN nor Gmane (Re: ANN: SSL Support))
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 09:24:09 +0100

Am 11.11.2011 07:17, schrieb Duncan:

Did you try restarting pan after fetching the cert and quitting, to see
if it would then use the cert it fetched in the last session?
Yes, that's the way it works atm, I'm in the process of automating this.
Thanks for pointing that out.
Thanks for doing all this debugging, BTW.  As I believe you can see from
my headers, I haven't updated in a few days so am still using pan with
the unverified SSL connections.  But it's nice seeing someone doing such
effective testing.
Yes, much appreciated on my side, too.
So thanks both to you and to HM, since I know the stunnel thing isn't
something a lot of folks would/could bother with, and I have a feeling
this code will likely be fast-tracked into mainline and hopefully a quick
release, once it's working well enough, in ordered to get the feature out
to all those users who are now likely either doing without ssl, or not
using pan at all because the stunnel solution simply isn't a workable
solution for them.  All that work is certainly appreciated. =:^)

Thanks. The code itself needs a few improvements, but I think so, too.

Cheers.