pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] at bb11b8e now: no crash, but still no cigar (Re: ANN:

From: Heinrich Müller
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] at bb11b8e now: no crash, but still no cigar (Re: ANN: SSL Support)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 07:16:45 +0000 (UTC)

Am Wed, 09 Nov 2011 23:18:03 +0000 schrieb SciFi:

> -* ssl to gmane *-
> gui cert failed : 0x243fd60
>
> ** (pan:29174): WARNING **: SSL handshake failed: certificate verify failed
> (socket-impl-openssl.cc:302:~GIOChannelSocketSSL) destroying socket 0x243fb30
> gui cert failed : 0x3023b90
> error adding cert to 80.91.229.10
>
> ** (pan:29174): WARNING **: SSL handshake failed: certificate verify failed
> (socket-impl-openssl.cc:302:~GIOChannelSocketSSL) destroying socket 0x30239c0
> [Ctrl+Q]
> $ _
> -*-
This is normal, the warning is there because the handshake failed the first time
because there's no certificate. In your case, the repeated failed attempts were
_my_ fault because I didn't consider the other options for the verification to
fail.
In gmane's case, there a self-signed certificate in the filet first depth of
the process.
I didn't put that error condition into my callback code to let the user import
the
certificate by hand. Fixed now.

> -* ssl to gn/primary & aw/fallback *-
> (pan:29171): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set text from markup due to error
> parsing markup: Error on line 1 char 73: Invalid UTF-8 encoded text in name -
> not valid 'Copyright \xa9 2002-2011 Charles Kerr and others'
This is odd. Perhaps it's the (c) sign.

> Sometimes the ssl cert panel does pop-up,
> showing the data from the server
> and giving an option to Cancel/Accept it.
> Other times this panel doesn't show.
The panel only shows up once when you connect. I'll change this behaviour to be
able to do a refresh later.
> Another glitch is showing in these builds:
> it seems the word-wrapping code has reverted
> to the old ways.  ;(
Sadly, yes. I wasn't so happy with the way some aspects worked so I'll revise
the mechanism.

> Thanks heaps for getting this far.  :D
You're very welcome ;)

Writing this post from my branch with SSL in pan ;)