pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Re: I see problem with Pan’s “http url detector”

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-devel] Re: I see problem with Pan’s “http url detector”
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 04:44:33 +0000 (UTC)

walt posted on Mon, 07 Feb 2011 17:34:00 -0800 as excerpted:

> On 02/07/2011 03:06 PM, Duncan wrote:
>> SciFi posted on Mon, 07 Feb 2011 09:24:23 +0000 as excerpted:
>>

>>> This works:<http://www.url.com/>
>
>>> But this causes the bug:<http://www.url.com/
>
>> http://example.com, Does the URL include the comma?

Hmm... your excerpt (at the SciFi quote level) failed to include the
trigger for pan to close the URL... so it should have continued thru my
quote level, and...

But it didn't.  It did continue onto the next (blank) line, as the
underline continues there for a couple spaces so I could see it, but not
into my quote-level.  Of course, I'm not sure if this post will continue
that behavior since it's adding a quote level.

So /something/'s turning off the URL-parsing.

AHH!  Got it!  The first ">" it comes to after the missing one, is (in
your post) the quote-level indicator for my quote level.  It sees that and
interprets it as the (missing) close-URL ">".

In which case, in my post quoting that segment of yours, above, the URL
should be correct, except that it includes the line-terminating CRLF
(perhaps that'll show up as a couple additional underlined "blanks" as it
apparently did in your post as viewed here, perhaps not, since in your
post that was a blank line, not the quote-level indicator it's going to be
in mine), since the first character on the next line is the quote-marking
">", which will be interpreted as the URL-closer.

Debugging this behavior is fascinating! =:^)