pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Re: Feature Request: More connections per server

From: Greg Lee
Subject: [Pan-devel] Re: Feature Request: More connections per server
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 04:57:08 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 03:25:01 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> Greg Lee <address@hidden> posted
> address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Fri, 24 Aug 2007
> 02:32:39 +0000:
>

> Hmm...  Seems to work for me, or at least it did last time I tried it
> (with a pay server I don't have ATM).

I take it all back.  I just tried it, and it does work as
you described.  I'm not sure what version of new Pan I was
using when I did the previous experiment.  Now I'm running
the current svn version.

I verified that Pan actually does use the number of connections
requested by asking to get new headers for all my subscribed
groups and noting that Pan started up 8 tasks, which is 4 each
for the two servers I use.  Then I changed "4" to "8" in
servers.xml for both servers and asked again to get new headers.
Pan started up 16 tasks -- 8 + 8.

--
Greg