pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] REQ: some way to make selected header line visible

From: Konrad Karl
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] REQ: some way to make selected header line visible
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 20:23:37 +0100

..following up to myself

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 04:48:36PM +0100, Konrad Karl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> imagine the following scenario:
>
> I have the header list sorted by date and I am
> clicking on one header line. Line becomes selected.
>
> Then I change the sorting order to something else,
> e.g. subject. The selected blue line disappears and
> is quite difficult to locate.
>
> It would be convenient to have some means, to get it back
> into the visible window.
>
> The same applies to the search functionality. When you
> have found something and want to see the "surrounding"
> content in any sort order.

At least Pan 0.125 (did not check others) is behaving quite
wierd when deleting a group of selected articles in the header
pane:

e.g: click on topmost article, scroll down one or more screens,
hold SHIFT and click, then press the DEL key.

result: "active" line is hidden invisibly somewhere above and
is really difficult to locate. It workes somewhat better when
selecting the bottom-most line first and then delete from the
topmost line.....

Am I doing something wrong? I would appreciate  some
button or key to get the selected line back visible.

Thanks and greetings again,
Konrad