pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Generating NZB files

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Generating NZB files
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 18:18:30 -0600

Konrad Karl wrote:

In my situation it is just very useful to throw the .nzb onto something which (typically) runs on a remote screen session on some
machine accessed over ssh (low bandwidth between office and
"download machine"). Thus I can even avoid the traffic which the
progress meters of nzbperl are generating by simply detaching from
screen.

Another advantage of nzbperl is that it just needs a text console
and very little resources (a few perl modules). Pan needs the
whole gtk stuff which is not strictly necessary for the download
process itself.

That's what I'd hoped -- that's slated for 1.1  (#107530)

cheers,
Charles