pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Re: How to un-cache an article

From: Darren Albers
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Re: How to un-cache an article
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 12:20:01 -0500

Duncan wrote:
Konrad Karl <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Thu, 01
Feb 2007 00:22:36 +0100:

I would like to be able to un-cache articles (by other means than quit
pan, delete the cached files and restart pan).

Rationale: sometimes it is convenient to use pan as a nzb file generator -
I just put pan offline, select the articles I want to download, start a
download, copy away the tasks.nzb and delete the queue from the task
manager.

Even better: create an option to make an nzb out of selected articles,
ignoring the cached status.

I like this idea! =8^)  Please file a bug for it, but don't expect it to
be implemented until after a stable version comes out.

Would an option to clear cache from within pan solve your problems or do you just want the ability to uncache specific articles? If it is a clear cache option I already have a patch I can post that I wrote as part of my patch to add the clear cache on exit.