pan-devel

[Pan-devel] How to un-cache an article

From: Konrad Karl
Subject: [Pan-devel] How to un-cache an article
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 00:22:36 +0100

Hi again,

I would like to be able to un-cache articles (by other means than
quit pan, delete the cached files and restart pan).

Rationale: sometimes it is convenient to use pan as a
nzb file generator - I just put pan offline, select the articles
I want to download, start a download, copy away the tasks.nzb
and delete the queue from the task manager. The tasks.nzb
file then can be used on a different system.(nzbperl.pl works
surprisingly well and so I can perform the downloads on another
machine with better internet bandwidth)

Unfortunately, previously cached articles are omitted from the
tasks.nzb file (they have already been "downloaded"....)

Even better: create an option to make an nzb out of selected
articles, ignoring the cached status.

Greetings,
Konrad