pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] html message handling in pan-0.120

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] html message handling in pan-0.120
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 00:42:39 -0600

Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
Charles Kerr wrote:
I don't know how configurable mail2news is in terms of being able to
pipe articles through something, but whenever I need to render html to
ascii I use "links --dump html-filename".

cheers,
Charles

How hard would it be to pipe a message to links/lynx? I believe slrn has a function for stripping html.

% In case we need metamail to display an article:
set metamail_command "lynx -dump -force-html %s"

Stripping it's not the same as formatting it, so IMO it's better
to farm the work out to a web app.  links does a good job of
rendering html tables, and more, into ascii...