pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Suggesting additional enhacements & a maemo port

From: Anuj Verma (Kevin)
Subject: [Pan-devel] Suggesting additional enhacements & a maemo port
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 02:48:32 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

This is to share my gratitude and due thanks for a lovely news reader
application. I usually sue this for mail2news & back :O) and Pan has
really powered me with lot of productivity and enthusiast.

Herein, I will like to suggest to enhancements & one platform port request.

Enhancements:
1. HTML stripping capabilities (being discussed in an ongoing thread)
2. Pop-out of message window.

Present design is the best and is working well, while Pan is a very
user-friendly & simple NNTP client, and that is its silent feature. But
Pop-out message screen will be more useful for a situation of small
display and for full screen focus at-times. It becomes a naturally desired
feature for the platform port request below. (Kindly read on)

Platform port request:
As an average user I use PC/Notebook all day and love this application
and depend on it for all community interaction or review I can and
possibly require.

Soon I will be owning a Nokia Internet tablet device N800, I will love to
have this application ported there. Though I am not a developer myself I
am not sure how much effort it will be other than compiling and packaging,
but seems it is easy to do.

Nokia Linux devices are based on Maemo, and I feel good to share this
thought across with you all, so if any of you can and will like help this
vision will be full of joy for a user like me.

Sylpheed & Tiny mail are already runing on Maemo but I'd love to use Pan
rather. I'll be waiting for any of your contribution.

That's all please see the links below for more information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maemo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_770
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N800