pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Re: question on body-pane.cc set_section_tag

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-devel] Re: question on body-pane.cc set_section_tag
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 16:34:08 -0700

Artur Jachacy posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on
Mon, 08 May 2006 23:22:28 +0000:

> BTW, could we have separate settings for *bold* etc. and smilies? I can
> imagine myself using the former, but sure as hell I'm not going to use the
> latter.

I can't /imagine/ myself using any of them!  I _like_ to see the raw
text, as it adds its own distinctive qualities to the Internet Mail
format.  Replacing either smilies or  formatting styles like the above
with font tricks removes the distinctiveness and is something else
entirely.

Of course, that's just me, and as long as theirs an option to turn it off,
I'm fine with having the option to turn it on, for those that want it.  I
don't even care the default, as about the first thing I do with a new app
is see what sort of preferences it has that I can switch around, and
ensure that they are set to something I consider sane, secure, and
workable for my working style.