pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] ANN: Pan 0.90 "Sero Sed Serio"

From: DPA
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] ANN: Pan 0.90 "Sero Sed Serio"
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 15:35:35 -0400

Steven Adeff wrote:
On 4/2/06, Darren Albers <address@hidden> wrote:
I just got it up and running (I created a quick deb if anyone is
interested) and I have a couple of quick questions:

could you describe how you did this? I'd like to create a deb for amd64.

The standard process:
Extract the tarball (Make sure the directory is in the format packagename-version, pan does this properly by default)
enter that directory and do dh-make -n -s -l gpl -e address@hidden
Modify the debian/control as appropriate
then fakeroot debian/rules clean
fakeroot debian/rules build
If that is successfull then
fakeroot debian/rules binary

Finally check it with:
debuild -us -uc

There is a link somewhere with some really good instructions, I will look for that link when I get back later this afternoon and post it for you.