pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Packaging GTK with PAN for windows

From: K. Haley
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Packaging GTK with PAN for windows
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:36:37 -0700

DPA wrote:
> Sorry I wasn't clear, it built ok I used the packages from
> http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/ to build it but it gives an error
> when I try and run it.  The error is "Pan has encountered an error and
> needs to close"  The error details point to libglib-2.0-0.dll.  I
> built the package on my laptop which I also used to build with 2.2 so
> maybe I have an issue on my build system if you were able to get it to
> run even with the bug you described.

My msys evironment looks like this:
/opt/gtk24
/opt/gtk26
/opt/gtk28

PATH=$PATH:/opt/gtk/bin

where /opt/gtk is a symlink to the version I'm currently working with.
This way my build and runtime evironments are the same and I can quickly
change them.  The error sounds like you might be picking up the wrong
dll at run-time.