pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Pan in Fedora Extras

From: Greg Breland
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Pan in Fedora Extras
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 21:46:58 -0600

I installed FC5 Test1 today using VMware.  I installed Pan and kicked
the tires a bit with no trouble.  I'll be sure to use Pan strictly from
the FC5 system and see if I run into any trouble.  I really need to make
the move off FC2 but couldn't because of so many issues with FC4.  FC5
Test1 is way better than FC4 final so I'm hoping this will be the
version.  Pan is on the short list of applications that have to work for
me to move so I'll be sure to test it as much as possible.

As for SMTP auth, I'm surprised anyone has needed that since I bet 90%
of users use their local MTA to handle mail.  Of course, I could be
completely wrong but I've never used anything else.