pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Problems building pan from CVS on Mac OS X

From: Dave Chand
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Problems building pan from CVS on Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 20:42:47 -0400

On Aug 22, 2005, at 4:39 PM, Benjamin Esham wrote:

Does anyone have any ideas as to why autogen doesn't recognize a fink-
installed automake?

Type automake --version and see what version comes up. Also type which automake, to see from which path automake is being called.

 I also tried 1.5 and 1.9, but autogen didn't seem to recognize
any of them.  (I did start new terminal sessions to make sure that
everything was set up right.)

Did you install these automake manually or through fink? I installed automake 1.9.6 manually in prefix=/sw/ and it works fine for me.

I have intltool installed, and the file /sw/share/aclocal/intltool.m4
exists; I set ACLOCAL_PATH to "/sw/share/aclocal", but I still got
this error.  Will this problem probably be fixed when I fix the other
one?

this is how the ACLOCAL_FLAGS variable should be set :

CLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /sw/share/aclocal/ -I /sw//gtk2/share/aclocal/ -I / sw/gtk2/share/aclocal/"
of course replace the paths above with you own appropriate ones.

hope that helps a bit,
Dave