pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Small patch for the task-manager

From: Evan Martin
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Small patch for the task-manager
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 01:23:35 -0700

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 09:27:44AM +0200, Jacob Ils? Christensen wrote:
> > GTK has built-in support for Escape closing dialogs.
>
> Yes, that would be a nicer way to do it. Just looked through the code
> and the task manager is a GtkWindow and not a GtkDialog so I guess the
> above does not work. Any way to do it with a GtkWindow?

I think you could copy the code from gtkdialog.c, but a better fix might
be to make the window into a modeless dialog.  If it has a close button,
it really is a dialog-- as you were discussing earlier, the user expects
to close a Window with the window manager's close button (like the main
pan window, for example) but expects to close a dialog with Escape or
the Close button in the bottom right.

--evan, who just spent the last few weeks' worth of hacking time going
  through his code and making the dialogs behave properly :)

--
      Evan Martin
address@hidden