pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Small patch for the task-manager

From: Evan Martin
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Small patch for the task-manager
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 00:00:01 -0700

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 10:13:55AM +0200, Jacob Ils? Christensen wrote:
> I have attached a small patch (against current cvs) which closes the
> task-manager dialog when pressing Escape. Is that something people want
> and if yes, also in other dialogs?

It's a good idea, but I think your patch goes about it the wrong way.
GTK has built-in support for Escape closing dialogs.

I don't know the Pan code in particular, but pressing escape on a
GtkDialog emits the "close" signal, which synthesizes a delete event
(which is like clicking the window manager close button), which then
(I think?) causes the dialog to emit the "response" signal with a type of
GTK_RESPONSE_DELETE_EVENT.  You should be able to handle that without
resorting to handling keystrokes.

--
      Evan Martin
address@hidden