pan-devel

[Pan-devel] The Blue Sky Becomes Clear - part 00: Introduction - revisi

From: Bas Mevissen
Subject: [Pan-devel] The Blue Sky Becomes Clear - part 00: Introduction - revision 00
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 14:54:19 +0200

Hi all,

As Charles announced lately, Pan 0.14 should hit the road soon. So I started
thinking of what Pan should have for a next major version.

I would like to do that by writing some requirement-like statements as a
starting point of discussion on this mailing list. Later on, this should
become code somehow :-) Please note that I write the statements like there is
no Pan. So some features or ideas may already be implemented.

So this e-mail is the starting point from a series (part 00 to xx) of e-mails
of what I have in mind for Pan. Please comment on them. I'll collect the
reactions and then post a new revision (00 to xx) of the same part.

Please use this "part" to discuss how to manage the "requirements" for Pan. My
first thought is to use some kind of numbering system like

Req Number              Priority                Synopsis
REQ20030402-01  Mandatory               Pan should have some way of defining the
                                                        requirements

Maybe this is felt to formal. Might be true, but it is a good way to check the
status and to define tests. It might ease bug reporting too. Please shoot!

Regards,

Bas.