pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Pretty OT: Pan and gdkxft

From: John LeMay
Subject: [Pan-devel] Pretty OT: Pan and gdkxft
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 11:51:02 -0400 (EDT)

This is pretty OT, but thought I'd post here first. I loaded gdkxft 1.5
from source here and added libgdkxft.so.0 to a preload line in my .bashrc
as per the instructions on the mandrakeuser.org site to improve my fonts.
While stuff looks much better, pan (0.12.90) refuses to load. The error I
get is a gdkxft one indicating it is looking for gtk+ 1.2, but found 2.0.

Can anyone explain how this dependency works and if there is a way to work
around this?

--
John LeMay
Senior Enterprise Consultant