pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Status of windows port

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Status of windows port
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 18:22:16 -0700

On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 03:56:00PM +0200, Bas Mevissen wrote:
> On Friday 28 June 2002 22:28, Charles Kerr wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 10:43:35PM +0200, Bas Mevissen wrote:
> > >
> > Here is the list of issues that I'm aware of for the Win32 port.
>
> OK. What would I need for compiling it under Windows?
>
> * GCC and binutils for windows (Cygwin)
> * XFree stuff (Cygwin)
> * Is all libc/libm stuff abstracted by cygwin.dll? If not, what else do I
> need?
> * glib2, pango, atk and gtk2: are they easy to compile under Windows?
> * freetype for windows?
>
> Other stuff?
>
> There was discussion before on this list about this subject. When was that?
> Then I can check the ML archives.

Well I used cygwin for the development environment, but to not depend on
the cygwin middleware libraries, and to be able to use the premade Windows
version of gtk2, I don't want Pan to actually need cygwin in order to run.
Instead, mingw32 is the tool to use for that.

For more information, see:
http://www.mingw.org/
http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/

and don't miss