oroborus-user

Re: [Oroborus-user] black windows

From: Stefan Pfetzing
Subject: Re: [Oroborus-user] black windows
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 22:13:20 +0200

Hi,

* Johannes Berg <address@hidden> [021011 13:19]:
> does anyone have an idea why the situation shown in the screenshot (*)
> happens?

> (*) http://johannes.sipsolutions.de/screenshots/brokenwindowshot.png

> I minimize an application and it hides some other windows, but those are
> still there, just black. I've never seen this with another window
> manager, so I suspect its a bug, but where?
> I've seen similar things with XMMS and its playlist, now with Kylix and
> its Object Inspector, and a few more programs I can't remember. In
> Kylix, its reproducible, in XMMS I can't reproduce it right now.

I *never* saw that behaviour before.
Can you to 2 things:

First: oroborus -V
       ^^^^^^^^^^^  this is for any bug "report", post your Oroborus Version!

Second: xprop and then click on that black window.

I guess, Kylix just doesn't behave "Advanced Windowmanager Hints" compatible.

bye

Stefan

--
        http://www.dreamind.de/
Oroborus and Debian GNU/Linux Developer.